Jobs in Dubai|
Accounting & Audit (5371) Architecture & Interior Design (452) Banking & Finance (830) Beauty & Fitness (1340) Customer Service (1650) Education/Teaching (940) Engineering (4631) Food & Beverages (1729) Graphic Design (150) Hospitality & Restaurants (1583) HR & Recruitment (154) Information Technology (1921) Legal Services (160) Logistics & Distribution (458) Marketing & Advertising (1559) Medical & Healthcare (3238) Retail & Consumer Goods (49) Safety & Security (5) Sales (5887) Secretarial & Admin (5270) Travel & Tourism (16)
The Security Supervisor is responsible for supporting the effective and efficient delivery of a Security Service to support the students, staff and visitors of the University.
The role will support the Security Manager in the management of security services by the nominated service provider to the agreed standards and deliverables. The role also provides a point of contact for all day to day security operations, enquiries and requires the incumbent to recommend and provide smarter working and administration practices in accordance with the Serco Management Systems.
Duties and Responsibilities (What you need to do)
- Conduct a minimum of twice daily site check/inspections ensuring adherence to the contract by the security provider and report to Security Manager
- Establish and maintain a working relationship with all Departments at the University with special consideration to the Campus Physical Development Office (CPDO), Provost Office, Student Affairs and Enrollment office.
- To conduct reviews of all incident reports for further actions and advise Security Manager.
- Develop and manage process for ensuring relevant departments and aware of issues reported through security.
- To respond to requests by CPDO and/or Security Manager for information on incidents.
- Support Serco Security Manager and act as direct point of contact for client during times of absence.
- Support Serco Security Manager by conducting quality checks of security service provider reports and adherence to KPIs.
- To ensure Serco Security Administrators fulfil their duties during periods of absence by the Serco Security Manager.
- To manage and fulfil designated functions of the Serco Security Manager during times of absence.
- Conduct additional duties as required by Serco Security Manager.
- Monitor the security related requests ensuring follow up and closure
- Disseminate information to security team
- Inform and advise Serco Security Manager of actions taken
- Ensure all key management protocols/processes are followed
- Ensure replacement keys are cut and issued promptly following correct procedure
- Conduct monthly key audit and report to Serco Security Manager
- Respond to all client requests for information and support and advise Serco Security Manager
- To ensure information and reports are provided to the client in a timely manner
- Ensure Security Service Provider are informed of any notified events
- Ensure and confirm the Security Service Provider deploys appropriate security according to the event demand.
- Respond to all requests relating to access control card issue to the University
- Ensure replacement card requests are managed in accordance with agreed procedure
- Manage access control data and provide reports upon request by Serco Security Manager
- Replacement card payments are handled appropriately and all cash handed promptly to Serco Security Manager ( All monies to be recorded and kept secured at all times)
Lost and Found
- Advise CPDO of reported lost valuable items
- Manage lost and found procedures and respond promptly to request for collection/handover of property
- Liaise with CPDO on disposal of property
- Coordinate with the reception teams and attend all incidents and assist in resolving issues
- Attend all cases of reported student sickness and report to CPDO
- Attend all reported incidents/emergencies, support and follow-up reports to Security Manager
- Ensure Serco Security Manager is informed of all incidents on a daily basis
- Ensure all gates and reception turnstile are in an operational condition on a daily basis
- Support CPDO relating to car parking violation and maintain an accurate record of violations
- Provide reports and produce statistics upon request by Serco Security Manager and/or CPDO
- Manage and ensure contract compliance by Security Service Provider in relation to contract and KPI`s
- Adhere to Serco`s Management System & Contract Integrated Management System (IMS)
Health & Safety
- Support Serco`s vision and ethos of `Zero Harm`
- Ensure timely reporting of accidents and/or near misses
- Adhere to the Serco policy and procedures relating to information security
- Knowledge of liaising or working within a Security Service Provider (Essential)
- 2-3 years operational delivery experience
- 2 years Supervisors experience
- Experience of operating in a Facilities Management environment (Desirable)
- Experience of working with Subcontractors
- Clear communication in English, both verbal and written (Verbal Arabic Essential)
- Computer literacy - Knowledge and use of MS Office Systems, particularly Excel
- Superior customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Issue resolution abilities
- Decision making abilities
- Excellent understanding of security processes and monitoring of these processes
- Adaptable to change
- Continuous improvement mentality
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently
- Good problem solving skills
- Flexibility to work on a shift basis 5 from 7 days a week with other team members to ensure a continuous service 24/7
* Must speak Arabic in a good level of English
Serco improves the quality and efficiency of essential services that matter to millions of people around the world.
The work we do for national and local governments involves us in the most important areas of public service, including health, education, transport, science and defence.
Our private sector customers are industry-leading organisations in a wide variety of markets.
We have nearly 50 years' experience of helping our customers achieve their goals. Many want us to improve their productivity and service quality. Others need us to support their rapid growth. Government customers face crucial issues such as economic development, congestion, security and climate change. They value the innovation and passion we bring to these challenges, and the collaborative, flexible and imaginative way we work.